The Cooperative Public Health Service Oversight Board is made up of representatives and alternates from all fifteen member communities in the district.
Membership: For a current list of members: CPHS Board Member List. The Board is currently co-chaired by Martha Taft-Ferguson of the Buckland Board of Health and Doug Telling of the Charlemont Board of Health.
The members’ duties include:
- Review, debate, and endorse an annual proposed budget before it goes to the full FRCOG Council for approval.
- Review budget figures on a monthly basis during the year.
- Provide guidance to staff on town priorities
- Meet with their local Board of Health regularly to update them on CPHS activities and solicit Board input.
- Review and approve any changes in fee structure (for the health inspection towns)
- Participate in any hiring processes
- Approve any grant applications
Click here for a copy of the Oversight Board’s Operating Procedures.
The Oversight Board has adopted a number of regional policies and regulations, which are available here:
Title 5 (Septic) Witness Fee Policy
Private Well Policy
CPHS Private Well Regulations
Food Inspection Policy
CPHS T-5 Inspection Policy 03042021
Communicable Disease Policy
Optional Family Burial Checklist for BOHs
Meeting Agendas can be found attached to the meeting notice in the FRCOG meetings and events tab, and through the upcoming meetings noted in the right hand of this page.
For older minutes, click here.